About the company
The company was founded in 1994 when its first business name was AS Famar-Desi. In April 2008 Saint-Gobain Distribution Nordic AB (Saint-Gobain DN) obtained AS Famar-Desi, the sales chain selling construction materials, and the company started its business under the name of AS Optimera Estonia. At the same time the trademark of Ehituse ABC was used. Today Optimera Estonia has 11 stores.
AS Optimera Estonia imports, represents and sells a wide range of products made by companies well-known all over the world. The products include both construction and reconstruction materials, but also interior and home products, the company is a partner for many producers and importers.
About our history:
- 1994 14 November AS Desintegraator and AS Famar-Kauba founded a joint Venture AS Famar Desi;
- 1995 we opened our first shop selling construction materials at 71 Peterburi road, Tallinn;
- 1996 we opened a shop selling construction materials in Narva;
- 1997 we opened a shop selling construction materials in Jõhvi. The storage terminal in Maardu started operating;
- 1998 we bought majority of the shares of SIA Bergu Nams, a company active in construction materials’ retail and wholesale trade in Riga, The republic of Latvia;
- 1999 we introduced the trademark of “Ehituse ABC";
- 2000 we opened a shop selling construction materials in Pärnu and at 56 Kadaka road, Tallinn;
- 2001 we opened a wholesale storage for construction materials in Tartu;
- 2002 we opened new shops in Haapsalu and Loksa;
- 2005 we opened new shops in Rakvere and Jõhvi;
- 2006 we renewed and expanded our biggest shop at 71 Peterburi road, Tallinn.
- 2007 June Famar-Desi AS took over an Ehituse ABC shop from Haapsalu Consumer Co-operative (who had been using Ehituse ABC trademark).
- 2008 April we opened a new store at 11 Lao, Pärnu.